OUR 10 COMMANDMENTS TO HUMANS!
- We have the right to be full members of your family. We thrive on social interaction, praise and love.
- We have the right to stimulation. We need new games, new toys, new experiences, and new smells!
- We have the right to regular exercise. Without it, we could become hyper, sluggish, cranky or overweight.
- We have the right to have fun. We enjoy acting like clowns now & then. Spend time playing with us!
- We have the right to quality health care. Please be our health care advocate! You know us better than the vet. We can’t talk, so we rely on you and experienced doctors to take care of us.
- We have the right to a good diet. We can’t choose what’s best for us. We depend on you to give us healthy whole foods like chicken, fruits, and vegetables; not processed food that has chemicals in it. That’s what’s killing us and shortening our lives!
- We have the right not to be rejected. Have realistic expectations of us.
- We have the right to receive proper human and positive training. Otherwise, our good relationship could be marred by confusion and strife – and we could become dangerous to ourselves and others.
- We have the right to guidance and redirection based on understanding and compassion, rather than abuse.
- We have the right to live with dignity … and to die with dignity when the time comes.