4 Session Immersion Program
UMWELT (pronounced oom-velt)
- Let’s get this party started! Mgnt 101, Watch me J, Gotcha, Sit, Down, Push-ups, Come, Square dance & Drop
- Mindset – Rather than focusing on your dog “obeying” you, focus on teaching your dog a skill. Dark Ages NOT
- Blue Zone Dogs! You – Energy – Food – Social – Environment – It ALL matters! Strike a balance. Risk vs Reward
- Start the way you mean to go. If you don’t want a jumper then don’t pet when your dog jumps, wait for a sit
- Get to know your dog – Strengths, Weaknesses, Witching Hours, & the Dangers of Comparing
- Relationship based learning – consent, earn your dog’s trust, provide a safe environment & listen to your dog
- Expectations – are they realistic. Focus on what really matters and don’t fret the small stuff. A dog’s life
- What’s it like being raised by you and living in your home as a dog? Reflection time. Self – awareness!
- Critical growth periods – familiarize yourself to them. The power of 3’s – 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months
- Clarity creates Confidence – work within your dog’s threshold. If you don’t they can’t grasp material and learn.
- Canine Enrichment – toys, games, nose-work! Snuffle mat, find it, hide n’ seek. The “Seeking System”
- The Oral & Olfactory Sensory Systems – it’s natural, necessary & normal. How to navigate these super powers
- What’s in your dog’s bowl? Biologically Appropriate Food, water, treats, toys & gear. Vax, Spay/Neuter Alt
- Bio Sensory Stimulation, Down Time and Overstimulation. Decision Fatigue and Paralysis … it’s a real thing
- Bridging – Talk your dog through everything. When you’re putting a leash on, brushing, heading for a walk.
- Healthcare Advocate / Vet relationship. Build a team. Make informed decisions/judicious. Low stress handling
- Socialization – Crate, car, vet, handling, people of all ages/size/race, dogs, animals, surfaces, house items
- Hit that Target! Touch – Click – Treat Wha-La! Dogs have Harvard degree in olfaction 12% brain
- The psychology of dog behavior – Why are you yelling? Body language, vocabulary, hand signals and routines
- 6 R’s Realize your energy and home impacts your dog, Raise him/her to be happy and social, Reduce the toxic load of vaccines and neurotoxins, Restore their gut microbiome, Replenish w/ biologically appropriate raw, Remember to asses your dog’s stress level. It’s critical to be aware of these and course correct when needed
- YES! Not NO needs to be your mantra. Catch your doing what you want him/her to learn and reward!
- Conflict Resolution – Dogs avoid conflict at all costs … you should as well
- Have you ever been paid to do a job? This is the time to be generous & consistent with HVF treats & toys
- Passive vs Latent Learning. Operant Conditioning vs Social Learning Theory – Integrative, fun & effective
- The Premack Principle – “If you want dessert, you need to eat your veggies!”
- Motivation, Drive and Confidence combined with Shaping, Marking, Conditioning, Luring and Acknowledging
- COVID – The chasms to avoid. Separation anxiety, guests, chemicals, vet, meet n’ greet, smiles matter!
Engineering / Execution
- A Dog’s Hierarchy of Needs – Toss in a ton of Vitamin N and everything else that nature has to offer!
- Negative Punishment- what you need to know and how it will facilitate learning. Follow through skills
- Continuation from week 1 & 2 and build on cues specific to your dog’s needs. The best may be Management
- Four D’s Duration, Distance, Distraction and Diversity. When working w/ one, make the remaining easy
Measured Self Awareness
- Force Free Learning / CER – Conditioned Emotional Responses / R+ and Primary and Secondary Reinforcers
- Neuroscience of behavior and how it impacts your dog. Oxytocin, Cortisol and Dopamine D1 & D2 Feel Good!
- The ugly truth exposed – Over vaccination, Subpar food, Suppression. Refer to my blog Unforeseen quarantine
- Create Balance in your dog’s life. Mind – Body – Spirit. Everything impacts your dog, particularly your decisions